SalmanKhanHolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SalmanKhanHolics

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
★ Salman Khan the KING Of Hearts, IDOL of Masses, SAVIOR of Needy, RULER of Indian Cinema, EMPEROR of BO and the Super Best Human ★ ☆ الله ☪️ ✡️ ॐ ☨ God Bless Himღ
✌️ Salman Khan's upcoming projects are Jai Ho, Kick, Sooraj Barjatya's untitiled and No Entry Mein Entry... ✌️
♡☆ Salman Khan The Founder of *Being Human* Charity ☆♡ In Life Go Straight And Turn Right -Salman Khan! ღGod☆Peace☆Love☆Salman Khanღ

**Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!**

Go down 
AuthorMessage
harshu05
Members
Members
harshu05

khan - **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!** Empty
PostSubject: **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!**   khan - **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!** I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:17 am

The Salman Khan Interview

khan - **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!** Dabanng1

You can tell a lot about a megastar by the way he throws his punch.

A Hindi film hero might routinely fell over seven with one blow, but each has their own approach. Aamir Khan, all bloodshot eyes and biceps rippling with the fury of thousands of killed wives to avenge, brings both physical intensity and a sense of inescapable irony to the picture. Shah Rukh Khan, his every sinew straining with gargantuan effort, bellows like a wounded animal as he metamorphoses from charming lover to crazied aggressor.

Salman Khan doesn’t bother breaking a sweat or even trying for realism as he buffets his opponents, effort be damned, smirk and quip steadily in place. The ubiquitous one-liner just underlines how one-sided the battle always is. Because Salman Khan is larger than life. And he believes it.

As do we, clearly. Earlier this year in Dabanng, Salman’s shirt tears itself off his enraged body, as if anger – and the need to show off his bare chest – are reason enough for him to suddenly turn into the Incredible Hulk. Coming at the film’s climax, the moment is dated and ludicrous beyond belief. Eternal romantic Shah Rukh would have been laughed out of theatres for trying to do the same. Aamir would have had to write a longish blog-post explaining how the scene was all a metaphor, or, somehow, Meta. Salman earned whistles, his film becoming one of the most successful in the history of Indian cinema.

In Mumbai’s Mehboob Studio, two days before that epic release, Khan sniffles his way past a ravenous pack of news-channel cameras. In no mood for niceties, he struts, chest out, upto a studio chair, parks himself on it, and turns to them. In a brutal show of strength and savvy, he preempts the questions they want to ask him, throwing out monosyllabic answers to each. “Aur kucch?” The reporters, used to standard-issue questionnaires, are flummoxed and bereft of fresh queries, and Khan is pleased as punch. He relaxes, blows his nose into a big kerchief, and swaggers out. All in less than five minutes.

He sneezes just as I walk up, clearly not in the mood but nevertheless resigned to a conversation. At this minute, eyes visibly watery, nose nearly crimson, Salman looks anything but invincible. He warily grunts through the first few questions until I ask, young man to forever-swaggering man, where on earth he meets women. “You can’t be serious,” he laughs, tired eyes instantly twinkling. Oh, but I am; he’s dated Somy Ali, Aishwarya Rai and Katrina Kaif. Is there a clandestine bar where the world’s most attractive women consistently turn up? “Ha, I wish. There isn’t a bar, dude. Otherwise we’d all go every night. I’ve… worked with them, I’ve known them. I have been fortunate with the kind of women I’ve… met. They’ve all been very nice. I’m sure you’re talking about the way they look and everything, but I mean the kind of people they are, their personalities. I’ve known them for the longest time. And as far as people, they’ve all been really beautiful.” He takes in a moment to smile. “And really loving, and really caring. Yeah, I’ve been lucky.”

Luck aside, Khan at 45 is the only single man among the industry’s megastars. “You’re single till the time you aren’t married, dude,” he interrupts instantly. I agree, wholeheartedly, but my question is how a man that powerful can gauge genuine romantic interest. Isn’t every girl awestruck? “It depends, you know,” he says, thoughtful. “The ones who’re awestruck… Nahin, yaar. Doesn’t work. Just doesn’t work,” he shakes his head.

And yet his cinema is all about invoking that very kind of awe. Is being larger than life a conscious effort? “No, it just happens. You work with good technicians. And more than that, audiences want to see things larger than life, so they make it happen.” This is clearly a position Salman enjoys, and feels he has earned. “When I started working in movies, I could never have played that character. Maine Pyaar Kiya and all, the only role I could have played was a romantic hero,” he says with a slight sneer. “From that, to come to this stage has been a long journey.” He speaks of his action-figure persona as an evolution, saying that while both romance and emotion are vital, the fights might just be the hardest part to pull off.

Even as an actor, he rates it the hardest, most challenging part. “Action is challenging for anybody. To jump, or take a punch, do all kinds of stuff, cable-work… That is more scary, because with every shot you feel something could go wrong. And you still do it. And so far, touchwood, everything has been all good. So action is the most difficult thing to do.” And in terms of performances, I ask, in terms of actual acting? Khan grins and winks. “That? It’s all good.”

Increasingly lauded for his utter lack of pretension, Khan is considered a star who often phones in his performances, barely even attempting to act. “If a film requires hard work, you work hard, yaar,” he shrugs. “If a film doesn’t require any hard work, why should you do it? If a director says ‘okay’ to a shot, okay! If he says ‘one more,’ one more!” Unlike his peers, he refuses to use terms like ‘method acting,’ to spend a shooting schedule in the skin of a character, or, sometimes, to even stop playing himself. He’s Salman Khan, and once in a while — if a director is valiant enough, or a script stirring enough, he’ll stand and deliver — but the rest of the time, it is, as he said, “all good.”

Or, at the very least, good enough for him.

khan - **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!** Salman2

Legend — and relatively credible word — has it that Salman Khan was utterly shattered when Shah Rukh Khan finagled Will Smith from Sallu’s guest-list, only to throw a party for the Hollywood A-lister at his own bungalow. Salman cut a melancholy picture at his own Smith-less party, while Smith reportedly looked somewhat bored at SRK’s party, where Salman wasn’t invited.

Undeterred, Salman turned up in a motorbike, yanked Will unceremoniously, casually and instantly from the party, and before anyone could react, took him to his own. If fellow guests are to be trusted, Smith got wonderfully jiggy at the new venue.

It isn’t a very hard story to believe, Khan’s off-screen persona being that of an old-school superstar, the picture of defiance, the ultimate rebel without a cause. Depending on who you believe, he thrashes actors in bars and sends over expensive watches in morning-after apology. He is also quite the philanthropist, and judging from how he got all of Bollywood’s A-list heroines to shake their collective caboose for his Being Human charity earlier this year, he’s doing quite the bang-up job. There are whispers about his constantly roving eye, and an almost mob-like entourage which gets him ‘anything’ he points to. And then there are those who vow he’s the most honourable man in the industry.

The myth, then, is as self-contradictory as the man. The role Khan seems to fill, in fact, is that of the man-child, who thrives on indulgence, indulgence we now have to spare, being so frequently cynical the rest of the time.

“How well do you think the media knows me, or any of my closest people?,” Salman snorts, instantly sneezing hard. Battling a cold valiantly, he takes turns blowing into a formerly-white kerchief and wrapping it tightly around his knuckles, as if preparing for a street-fight. Occasionally, when thinking hard, he absently bites into it, tugging it with its teeth as if insight can be sucked out of cotton. When emphatic, he punches the air in front of his face, a phlegmatic pugilist jabbing at invisible, omnipresent opponents. “Nothing ever bothers me. Nothing.”

He says every part of the public persona is inaccurate, but he can’t be bothered to go about telling people what to think. He laughs scornfully when the aggressive, ‘bad-boy’ image is brought up. “Please. If that was there… Listen, do you hear the questions they ask me? All the time? They ask me the kind of things my own father would never ask. I don’t care, and I don’t react. The day I start reacting to it…” He trails off in a dramatically threatening voice, before winking.

“Naam, Don, Majboor, Sholay, Deewar, Zanjeer,” he rattles, with the unthinking ease of a man used to listing his favourites among his father’s screenplays. Son of Salim Khan, one-half of Bollywood’s most celebrated screenwriting pairs, Salman confesses a desire to direct. “I always wanted to direct. I really thought that I would, somewhere, make a… good… director,” he mumbles softly, before saying that he does make creative suggestions to directors he works with, but backs off because it is, eventually, their call.

“You don’t have cinema till the time you don’t have a story. You have a story to tell and you shoot the film with the worst technique, and that film will do well. And you have the best technique in the world, but the lousiest script, you can do anything you want to do but that film will not work.” So then do all the hits have strong stories? “There is something, dude,” he shrugs. “Something they like. The character, the script, something clicks, and they want to go see it. Why would they want to go see something they don’t like?”

He prides himself on his unerring script sense — “The ones that I thought will do well, so far, pretty much all of them have,” he says, saying that his thinking is that if he wants to see the film he’s making, everybody would want to see it — but that doesn’t reflect as well on his hit-loss record, with far more forgettable films showing up than actual hits. “Well yes, but the script is not usually made the way it was. They start improvising, they start changing, they get scared, yeh bhi daal do, woh bhi daal do…”

So what went wrong, then, with Veer, a film he wrote and produced earlier this year, a catastrophic failure? “First of all,” he insists, “Nothing went wrong with it at all, at the box office. But in my head, I felt a lot of things went wrong. I wanted to shoot for 18 more days.” I ask him why he didn’t, considering it was a pet project he was completely in control of, and Salman disarms me with the sort of answer no megastar could possibly dare to give.

“Dad didn’t let me,” he sighs, almost pouting. And then falls silent.

Moving on, I ask him about another bizarre Salman contradiction. “Painting?,” he grins. “Painting is a big jhol. I wanted to buy three paintings for my house. The artist charged me a lot of money, and they didn’t turn out the way I wanted them to turn out. So I thought, ‘let’s try.’ So I started painting, started getting good at it. I was fortunate to find my own style in the first five and a half, six months. Artists take the longest time to find their way to say what they want to say…”

khan - **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!** Salman1

Salman’s paintings are sold at exhibitions with the money going into a charitable trust, and that’s clearly what fuels his fire. “So I’m getting better and better at it, and the money’s going to a good cause.” He isn’t under many delusions about why his paintings sell. “When somebody’s buying an artist’s work, two things are important: one is the amount of experience that he has, and two is a business plan: how long is he going to be there? After that, we’re going to make so much money because we’ve gotten his art, and after he’s dead, he obviously can’t paint anymore. So,” he pauses, briefly sounding alarmingly morbid, “they make money.”

“Here, how many paintings am I going to make anyway? I’m an actor. I paint when I find the time,” he says, explaining that it’s usually at night.

And how does he rate his own art, honestly? “If my name is not signed, it’s below average. Once my name comes down there, it’s outstanding work.” A smug grin accompanies the jab this time, the grin of a star who knows his worth. However unreal.

---Rediff

Last edited by harshu05 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harshu05
Members
Members
harshu05

PostSubject: Re: **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!**   khan - **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!** I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:21 am

"I had come very close to marriage once" - Salman Khan

On his birthday Salman Khan talks about painting, life and marriage to Filmfare

khan - **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!** Saaa_1356591696_600x450

Q. Which would you call your toughest phase?
A. None. I have been very fortunate.

Q. Friendships and equations keep changing in the industry, don’t they?
A. I hope equations keep on changing for the good. No one wants them to change for the worse. When you’re immature and young you don’t know what’s right or wrong. But when you grow as a person you do understand things and equations change for the better.

Q. How do you view the split between Javed Akhtar and your father Salim Khan, once considered an iconic writer duo?
A. See that is between my father and Javed saab. As a family we’ve been fine with one another. We’ve always been fine with Honey aunty (Irani) Zoya (Akhtar) and Farhan (Akhtar). Their partnership split but Javed saab did fine for himself and so did my dad. Farhan and Zoya will always be like Sohail and Arbaaz to me. We don’t meet often but when we meet we’re like family. I remember taking them double seat and triple seat on my cycle when they were kids.

Q. Tell us something about your painting skills...
A. Painting is something I discovered I am okay with. Also, there are people who like my kind of art so I am selling it for the foundation. Of late, I didn’t have much time to paint as I have been working nonstop. But I will be holding an exhibition in February or March next year for which I have begun painting at night after work. The money earned from the sale will go to the foundation. So if you don’t want to do charity you can buy a painting or a tee shirt. Instead of donating without knowing where the money is going you can buy something cool that you’d like to wear or something which you’d hang on your wall. You’re paying for something that you will own and also the money will go back into helping people.

Q. Despite having everything, don’t you miss coming home to a wife and children?
A. (Pauses) When the time comes marriage will happen. And I have no idea when that will be. I’m not looking for it. You never know what destiny has in store for you.

Q. Interestingly, you’ve never denied the possibility of marriage...
A. I had come very close to it once but it didn’t happen. Maybe it’ll happen in the future. You never know

---Filmfare
Back to top Go down
harshu05
Members
Members
harshu05

PostSubject: Re: **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!**   khan - **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!** I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:38 am

Sorry, Sallu couldn't answer well, he was too busy laughing

khan - **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!** B221

Mehul S Thakkar by January 07, 2012

Controversies. Fights. And link-ups. Salman Khan has braved them all over the years. In a relaxed chat with Mumbai Mirror, the dabangg man puts everything straight. Finally.

December 27, 2011. Farhan Akhtar attended your birthday bash in Panvel. So, is there a film in the offing?

SK---Just because he attends my party, it doesn't mean that I have to do a film with him. You have to remember that I know Farhan since he was a kid. Thikh hai Farhan is Javed Sahab's son and I would take Farhan with me on my bicycle. So I know him since that age.

He did offer you many films in the past

SK---Yeah... So?
Ok. So let's talk about Sanjay Dutt. He is a very shy person How did you(he interrupts)

SK---Haan, he is very shy. Baba is really shy. (Sanjay, who is sitting across Salman and talking to another journalist turns around and asks, "What happened?" Salman answers, "They are saying Baba is shy." To this Sanjay nods and says, "Yes, very shy." And the two burst out laughing.)

He doesn't talk much in public, we meant.

SK---Yes, he doesn't want to talk. He isn't shy with the people he has grown up with. But he gets very shy with compliments. Especially, if it is coming from a girl.

So was it difficult convincing him to host Bigg Boss where he had to interact with a lot of people?

SK---Till the last moment we weren't sure whether he was going to do it. Every time he would say, 'Yaar, what is this? Where am I? What am I doing?'. But once he rehearsed for it and knew what the format was, he opened up. Sanjay is the funniest guy I have ever known. His sense of humour is amazing. Plus, he has got this connect with people.

Knowing him for so many years must've helped you co-host the show.

SK---Yeah. I think we have known each other since 1990? (He turns to the side and asks, "Baba, how long have we known each other? I must have been 15 - 16 na?" A surprised Sanjay thinks about it and replies, "Not 15. 14.") Yeah. So I was 14 and Baba was 17.

SK---Apart from your friendships, there are a lot of stories about your fights within the industry as well

SK---With whom?

The latest being Hrithik What is your equation with him today?

SK---Hrithik? See, I bump into him once in a while. He is a very busy man. I am very busy too. When he wasn't all that busy, he used to spend a lot of time with me. And I would rather have him spend time away from me with his films becoming huge hits, than him spending all his time with me in the gym and his films being flops.

You are known for being a true friend. You make an effort to get back your friends. Like Himesh you guys patched up and then Bodyguard happened

SK---It's not like I am having an affair with these guys. They are those friends who you are comfortable with while working with them. When you are not working with them, they move away. And then you work again because there is a special relationship that you share.

Coming to Bigg Boss 5, do you think that the contestants have behaved too irresponsibly?

SK---I think that they shout without any reason just to get that extra footage (pauses). Unko lagta hai ki cheekhne chillane se kaam ban jaayega. People like Rakhi Sawant and Dolly Bindra think that if they do these kind of things, they would win. But none of them have won. Rahul (Roy) and Shweta (Tiwari) have won because they weren't like that.

This year, you did what no other host has ever done. You went in the house gave the inmates a piece of your mind

SK---I had to do it. I had to tell them what the country is feeling. Helen aunty watches the show and she didn't like it. Everybody my family, my friends asked me what was going on in the house. They hated it. Outside Bigg Boss there is a bigger house. If need be, main agle season mein bhi yeh karunga.

Moving on Over the years, you've been linked with many women

SK--- (Interrupts) There are lots of them.

But all such rumours have stopped. You think you have become more cautious

SK---Has it stopped? (looks in disbelief) Really?

(Looks at his manager. Manager says, "Well, a journalist is claiming so." Both start laughing. Then Salman looks at Sanjay, who is again caught off guard, and asks, "Baba, all these years of linkups, of late it has stopped is it true?" Now even Sanjay joins in the laughter fest.)

I better do something now (Adds looking rather serious)

-----mumbaimirror
Back to top Go down
harshu05
Members
Members
harshu05

PostSubject: Re: **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!**   khan - **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!** I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:45 am

Salman Khan: King of the jungle

Salman Khan talks on his recent health scare, matters of family and being the box office messiah

khan - **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!** 600x450_1340197686_600x450

He's been dubbed prince of darkness, bad boy... everything. But he's outlasted the epithets, the name calling, the bad press. Salman Khan is a law unto himself. A one-man industry. The more the bad press grows, the more his popularity rises. Simply put, you can’t touch this.

Q. You faced several health problems while shooting for Ek Tha Tiger.
SALMAN : I was suffering from trigeminal neuralgia (a facial nerve disorder that gives a shock-like pain to the forehead, cheek and jaw). I underwent gamma knife surgery in the US. It’s the most excruciating pain one can ever suffer from. I endured that for seven years. This illness began when I had begun shooting for Partner. It felt like someone was socking me continuously. Then after every minute, that pain would shoot up four times in intensity and last for almost 45 seconds. I couldn’t talk, walk or act then. It took me an hour and a half to eat one omelette. The only time that I could eat was after two to three drinks. Alcohol kind of numbs the senses. But after a point even that stopped working. I couldn’t talk properly. There was a time I’d take about 7500 mg of painkillers and yet the pain would persist. The doctors couldn’t believe that I had endured it for seven years because apparently this illness has triggered the maximum amount of suicides. They asked, ‘You’re still alive?’ People, who suffer from this illness usually don’t speak about it. But once I began talking about it, people have begun to seek help now. This problem can be easily tackled. But now I have developed other problems. I have a 3.5 mm aneurysm in my brain and AVM malfunction (an abnormal connection between arteries and veins).

Q. What is aneurysm?
SALMAN : Aneurysm is an abnormal ballooning of an artery. It’s close to the brain. So I can’t get it operated on. If I do, there are chances I might slip into a coma.

Q. With so many complications and pain, how did you manage all those stunts in Ek Tha Tiger?
SALMAN : It was a challenge. I’m not supposed to bend, do somersaults or undergo fluctuations in blood pressure. I’m not supposed to exert to the extent that I start panting. Above all, I’m not supposed to indulge in any action where my head is lower than my body. But, I am doing stuff that I’m not supposed to and that’s the story of my life.

Q. Your family must be traumatised by your illness…
SALMAN : I never shared my discomfort with them. Looking at the suffering around, you feel you’re better off than most. The pain was there but I handled it. When I went in for the surgery, Arbaaz (Khan), Sohail (Khan) and Alvira (Khan) were with me while Arpita (Khan) stayed back in Mumbai with mom and dad.

Q. Were you tense before the surgery?
SALMAN : Before going in for the surgery, I was like, ‘Chalo guys see you later.’ Arbaaz said, ‘We’re in the cafeteria.’ The surgery, which was scheduled for two hours went on for more than eight hours. (Laughs) Meanwhile, Arbaaz got bored and he did all his tests and made the doctors quite miserable there.

Q. What’s your equation with Arbaaz and Sohail?
SALMAN : We’re friends. Sohail is five years younger to me but once you grow up it doesn’t matter. In fact, dad’s friends are our friends and our friends are dad’s friends. We have the same group of friends.

Q. Do you give them advice?
SALMAN : No, no. They’re smart. In fact, I’m completely out of the loop. They are more into worldly things so I’m the one who gets advice.

Q. You’re leading amongst the Khans today with a hat-trick of hits…
SALMAN : There’s nothing like that. I don’t know what makes a film do well. It could go completely wrong too. I’m doing films, which are larger than life, and it only gets larger than the previous one. All I know is that the audience shouldn’t find it ridiculous. That actor might become a caricature of himself. Also, the next film has to be better than the previous one and not be so larger than life that it’s unbelievable. So basically if your emotion and love story is working, your film works.

Q. Your father, writer Salim Khan created superstars. But you became a superstar without a single script written by him…
SALMAN : Salim Khan has created superstars with his writing. But Salim Khan has produced me. I was his first production. So I’m ahead of everyone else. He not only produced me but also directed me in real life.

Q. Is there any character written by your father that you’d wished to enact when you were growing up?
SALMAN : It has taken me 20 years to play larger-than-life characters. My real-life image plus my reel image has worked to create these characters. As Prem in Maine Pyar Kiya, I could never dream of doing the action films I’m doing today. I tried that earlier but it never looked convincing. I’ve played a cop; a lawyer but they didn’t have any impact. It didn’t look convincing. I couldn’t even play a mohalle ka dada taking on 10 people. But today I might be able to pull it off with conviction. It’s taken me two decades to earn the love and respect of my fans. I want to live up to that trust.

Q. Children love you and think you’re special. They swear by you.
SALMAN : I guess it’s because I like children. I like the naughty ones and I like the sweet ones. It’s the extra smart ones I’m not really fond of. But it’s not their fault; it’s the fault of their parents who bring them up like that. Some parents want to fulfill their dreams through their children.

Q. You seem to be tremendously fond of your nephews (Ayaan, Nirvaan and Arhaan)...
SALMAN : Yes, I am. They are good kids. Naughty but respectful and fun. They love sports. They are good in studies too.

----Filmfare June 2012

Back to top Go down
harshu05
Members
Members
harshu05

PostSubject: Re: **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!**   khan - **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!** I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:58 am

Salman Khan's Exclusive Interview with Star Dust Magazine 2012

2011 has been a mixed year. Along with two blockbusters, you also had health problems...
SK----Professionally, it's been damn good and physically also, it's been really good, though I had this excruciating pain for the last seven-and-a-half years. We got to know that there was an aneurysm next to my brain and also an AV malformation. We got the aneurysm treated. I'll be going for a check-up again. The fact that there's no pain, my films are doing well, it's all good. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Has the hat-trick of hits made you all the more fearful of flops?
SK----Not really. See, whatever goes up, comes down. Your fans can only hold you up that much. As you grow old,you got to do better work, you got to look fitter; You got to run faster, kick higher and romance harder. Every year it keeps getting more and more difficult. Basically, it boils down to how adept you are at your work, physically and mentally.

You've seen the highs and lows of stardom. What do hits and flops teach you?
SK---- (Distracted) Hits teach you not to go crazy in your head. With hits, you have a bigger responsibility to keep on working harder and better. If you work disinterestedly into film, then you deserve the flop. But if you've worked really hard on a film and for some strange reason, it doesn't do well, then I don't think you should get depressed about it. The film was bad, no matter how much you liked it for whatever reason. The audience is always right.

Are you saying a flop film does not affect you?
SK----No. when you have a flop, it's best to take time off, chill, relax and then once you're back, give it your best shot.

The Salman persona rises above the script and the film. Don't you fear being typecast and repetitive?
SK----Each film I have done is different. I can't help it if the persona is there. But that persona is there because of the script. Veer is a totally different film from Wanted. Wanted is totally different from Dabangg. Bodyguard is totally different film from all these three films and Ready is also a different kind of film altogether. When they say you are able to carry a film on your shoulders.., nobody in this world can carry a film on their own shoulders. It's just that they like you, they like the film and that's the reason they go and see the film.

A film like this came your way in the form of Chak De! India but you decided not to do it...
SK----Yeah, because at that point, I was doing films such as Partner. Chak De... was a beautiful film

Your loss was Shah Rukh Khan's gain...
SK----Yeah, and hats off to Adi (Aditya Chopra), who pulled it off. Adi was very sure of the film doing well.Shah Rukh did a damn good job in the film.

Are you doing Subhash Ghai's next film?
SK----He did speak to me about it. If he gets me the most incredible script, I'll be a fool not to do it. Even if I were to do a film, it would start a good five or six years later because I don't have the dates right now. I don't want to commit anything on paper right now.

What is it about you that makes Katrina Kaif not want to lose you as a friend?
SK----I'm a damn good friend. Do I say more than that?

What makes you a damn good friend?
SK----It is because I like people. I respect the time that people have spent with me. We were friends earlier. There's no reason why we can't be friends now. And if there was any problem between me and her, I am 100 per cent sure it was my fault.

What makes Katrina a special friend to you?
SK----She's a lovely person. Whoever I've known in my past, they are all incredible people.

why do you resist marriage? Is it because you don't believe in it or you don't consider yourself a good husband?
SK----I do believe in it. I guess there will be the right time for marriage, but for me perhaps, the right time has not yet come. When it comes, you'll see me married, with kids.

Do you find it funny and strange that everybody is worried about your marriage?
SK----Exactly, I don't know why.

Who are the men you admire and why?
SK----I admire my father (Salim Khan). You even if he was anybody else's father, I would still admire him. He's also Arbaaz's father, Sohailis father, Arpita's father, Alvira's father. So, I admire him. (Laughs)

Is there anybody else's father you admire too?
SK----I admire Sanju's (Sanjay Dutt) father, Sunil Dutt saab. Then, Dharamjji

With three hit films back-to-back, do you feel number one?
SK----I don't give a damn about it. It's not my thing. I think number one would be the actor who's had the biggest hits and that title I think should go to Aamir Khan. If Aamir breaks his own record or I break his record or anybody else breaks his record, it is eventually the film that has broken the record. You're just a small part of the film. The director, the producer, the character artistes and everybody associated with the film is responsible for its hit status. The credit usually goes to the actor, the director or the production company, whoever's bigger. Usually, actors get all the credit and the blame for a film but it should not be like that. But unfortunately that does happen.

What has been your craziest fan experience?
SK----The craziest fan experience has been this journey of my fans with me. From the time of my first film to now, some 22-odd years later, it has been constant.

Do you feel overworked sometimes?
SK----No. But because of my surgery, we pushed everything ahead by two months. That's fine. However, I'm not allowed to do the kind of stuff I used to do, which I've been foolishly doing. I need to get myself checked again.

So what are the things you are not allowed to do?
SK----All the action stuff you see me doing. The only thing I'm allowed to do is romance. And that I'm not doing nowadays (Laughs).

But hasn't your off-screen romantic life been pretty boring right now?
SK----How do you know? Huh? Nothing's been reported of late... Does the press let you hide anything?

Do you fear growing old?
SK----No, why should I fear growing old? As long as the child within me is alive, it's all good. This is the funda of life. You're born, you're young, you grow old, you die. Some people die in their youth, some people die in middle age, and some people die after seeing the full circle of life, so that's it. So, we never know what's going to happen and so, there's no fear. Everyone knows they're going to die one day. Perhaps how they're going to die would be the only fear.

---Stardust Magazine 2012

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!**   khan - **Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!** I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

**Salman Khan Interviews of 2012!!**
Page 1 of 1