SalmanKhanHolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SalmanKhanHolics

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
★ Salman Khan the KING Of Hearts, IDOL of Masses, SAVIOR of Needy, RULER of Indian Cinema, EMPEROR of BO and the Super Best Human ★ ☆ الله ☪️ ✡️ ॐ ☨ God Bless Himღ
✌️ Salman Khan's upcoming projects are Jai Ho, Kick, Sooraj Barjatya's untitiled and No Entry Mein Entry... ✌️
♡☆ Salman Khan The Founder of *Being Human* Charity ☆♡ In Life Go Straight And Turn Right -Salman Khan! ღGod☆Peace☆Love☆Salman Khanღ

**Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!**

Go down 
AuthorMessage
harshu05
Members
Members
harshu05

**Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!** Empty
PostSubject: **Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!**   **Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!** I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:33 am

Salman Khan has a Cold

He’s moody. He ditches. He can destroy careers. So what is it about Salman Khan that makes him so endearing?

**Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!** 6715.salman-cold2

Expect the unexpected. One Monday in Mumbai, a few hours before our scheduled interview, a call comes in. Salman Khan can’t get out of bed today—he’s struggling with a cold. You’ve been in the business long enough to sense that this probably means Salman doesn’t feel like showing up for media interactions, even though his brother Arbaaz Khan’s production Dabangg is just two weeks away.

Turns out, you’re wrong; the 44-year-old superstar does have the sneezes. On that rainy Friday, Salman Khan arrives at Mehboob Studios, eyes red and heavy but looking spiffy in a coffee-coloured shirt and tight jeans. A lanky fellow, part of the superstar’s faithful entourage, shakes out a starched handkerchief quickly and hands it out so there isn’t a break in our conversation. He needn’t worry. Today, the answers come from far away, under siege from an attack of the sinuses.

Interviews with Salman over seven years have turned several shades—shy, cocky, funny, strange, monosyllabic, sarcastic, guarded, frank, affable and oddly sweet. Today, there’s a confident air. The buzz around Dabangg has grown like a monster. “It’s never happened like this before,” says Salman, in a low drawl, almost lazily, “I’m fascinated by the response to just the trailer.”

In the Abhinav Kashyap-directed Dabangg, Salman plays cop Chulbul Pandey, a character who serves justice cold, his punches coming fast and loose. “If (Quentin) Tarantino were to make a film in India, it would be like this,” says Abhinav’s brother and avant garde director Anurag Kashyap. Salman shrugs and says that he hasn’t seen any of Anurag’s films and it’s a coincidence he’s working with his younger brother. “I think I made Salman a bit nervous,” laughs Anurag, “Years ago, I was supposed to direct Tere Naam and I told him that I wanted him to grow chest and armpit hair as that was how men in Mathura looked. I didn’t even know when I was replaced with another director.”

Abhinav has had better luck. An old college buddy of Arbaaz Khan, Abhinav had Salman at first narration for Dabangg. “I had a gut feeling that it was an amazing character. It had all the shades,” says Salman about Chulbul Pandey, “He’s angry, a comedian, a romantic and it’s all well woven together. He’s difficult, yet lovable. People want to be him. You laugh with him, you feel good when he’s angry and when he takes bribes, it doesn’t matter.” Why? Is it actually well intentioned? Salman makes a wide gesture with his hands and shakes his head. “No, he just does it. Apni marzi.”  

The superstar could just be talking about himself. After 22 years in the film industry where he’s got by with little acting and lots of attitude, audiences still love Salman Khan. He likes doing movies that even your grandparents can watch without squirming, which is why he won’t kiss onscreen. Salman has easily moved from romantic, comic roles to action in Wanted and Dabangg, but despite his real-life bad boy brawling and court cases, he will never play a villain because he doesn’t “feel like it”. Yet, “I have no image,” Salman says.

“I beat people up in some films and get beaten up in others. But I can do bad films and get away with it.”

It’s a fact. Yuvvraaj, London Dreams, Main Aur Mrs Khanna and Veer are all in recent public memory, and yet Salman is very much part of Bollywood’s trinity of Khans. “I have no idea what the connect is with audiences… it could be a million things.” At this point, the star is tenderly stroking a self-invited cat under our table. “You may meet someone and hate them in an instant or be fond of them for the longest time and hate them the next minute. There’s no hard or fast rule why you take to someone.”

This rings true in Salman’s case. On my first interview with him in 2003 to publicise Tere Naam, we met on the sets of Garv, seated again outside his van. A journalist ahead of me was thrown out when the questions got uncomfortable, then summoned back to finish his interview. The publicist laughed and said that maybe I needed a helmet going in next, in case Salman lost his cool. During my session, he thawed a bit at the soft opening question. On our second question, there was a sudden downpour. “Quick, get in the van!” Salman said. I looked for my handbag; it had disappeared. Salman had picked it up and run inside.

Once in, the star was both loquacious and shy. He pointed out his broken bones, spoke of how he was too old to try out the cycle acrobatics he’d performed in Maine Pyaar Kiya, and of how he loved walking his dogs. Asked about the speculation that Tere Naam drew inspiration from his own stormy relationship with Aishwarya Rai, he calmly replied that it was a remake of Tamil movie Sethu.  

This week in 2010 has been tumultuous again in his love life. Television news channels have played up bites of Salman stating he’s single, and there have been stories that Katrina Kaif burst into tears when badgered for a clarification. There is little sign of emotional upheaval on Salman’s face. From Dabangg, he says he’s already moved onto shooting the Anees Bazmi comedy Ready, and is committed to doing producer and friend Sajid Nadiadwala’s film directed by Shirish Kunder. Over 22 years, Salman has worked with many first-time directors, from Sooraj Barjatya, Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Karan Johar to Abhinav Kashyap now. “They come up with different scripts and cooler films.” Does he ever interfere with their vision? “Obviously, if they’re going wrong, I tell them. I’d be a fool not to. You don’t put namak (salt) where you’re supposed to put sugar,” he says, and then adds abruptly, “Have you eaten lunch?”

It’s 4 pm and a large steel tiffin has been laid out. Salman carries on with the interview, repeatedly asking you to tuck in, between mouthfuls.  

Halfway through, the cold takes over, he breaks into a sweat and sighs wearily once the table is cleared. The huddled TV news reporters have now waited three hours for soundbites. He strides onto the studio floor and asks, “How long will this take?” Fifteen minutes, they shout in unison. He grimaces. His session with them is perfunctory. “What a jerk,” mutters one journalist under his breath. Salman doesn’t care. Has his exchange with the media changed all these years? “No, it’s the same. You fill your pages, I publicise my film.” A stint as host on Bigg Boss will follow next month and Salman is unperturbed by the fact that he’d have to deal with celebrities who make fools of themselves. “I like the idea that celebrities go inside the house and become real people,” he says.  

On Twitter, an unusual sense of humour often slips through his tweets. The star has more than 365,000 fans and follows only Dabangg co-star Sonakshi Sinha and his siblings Arbaaz and Arpita Khan. “I didn’t get onto Twitter for publicity,” he says. “I wanted to connect with people and I try to reply to most of them. There are lots of idiots who would never say a word to you if they ever met you, but come up with nasty stuff hiding behind the Twitter curtain. I don’t block them.”

Somewhere in the distant future, Salman knows he wants to direct a film, but for now he’s enjoying working as an actor. When the marriage question comes up, he talks in circles. “Marriage is like settling down. Yes, I think I will change when it happens, but I don’t know how until it does,” he says.

Salman then asks, “What do you want to know?” What’s going on in your head, I reply. “Even I don’t know what my state of mind is like,” he says smiling, rocking his chair back and forth.

-----openthemagazine
Back to top Go down
harshu05
Members
Members
harshu05

PostSubject: Re: **Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!**   **Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!** I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:42 am

“A person who can bear Rakhi Sawant is a Veer”- Salman Khan

**Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!** 11-salman-khan-241209

He"s bachelor, he"s muscular and he indeed can dance saala…yes we are talking about none other than dashing Salman Khan who recently got two big hits namely Wanted and London Dreams in his kitty. And his brainchild Veer is all set to hit the screens. Salman claims his new venture all about father-son relationship and is leaving no stone unturned to promote the film.

In a candid interview with us, Salman Khan speaks about Veer, his beautiful relationship with father Salim Khan also the co-writer of Veer and his love for kids. Here we go,

Veer is your third venture as a co-scriptwriter post Baaghi: A Rebel for Love and Chandramukhi. Salman : When did the idea cross your mind and what made you write a period film like Veer? The idea crossed my mind when I was 25 years old. I was so excited about the concept- I desired put on canvas by myself. Due to financial constraints for such films need big budget to support, I could not fulfill my dream. Years passed by but passion to make Veer didn"t fade away with them. Eventually when I felt- the story should be shared with the audience I showed the script to the producer Vijay Galani and readily agreed to do it. Moreover, the original script was too lengthy which was re-scripted by my father Salim Khan (scriptwriter). One common factor between Baaghi and Veer is- both stress upon the beautiful relationship of father and son.

Interestingly, rumours of Veer inspired from the novel Taras Bulba are doing rounds, what do you have to say on that?
Salman : No, Veer is an original concept though I have read the novel when I was five years old. And I do remember the beautiful relationship there too in the novel which might again be the common factor.

Which are your favourite period films made in Hindi Cinema?
Salman : Pause, ponder…so far there are only three classic period films which I feel are par excellence. Mughal-e-Azam, Dharmveer and the last definitely not the least Veer.

What is Veer all about?
Salman : Veer is primarily an epic drama but it also highlights the relationship of father-son. I can"t say beyond this. I would rather want audience to decide for themselves.

In the times when female-actors prefer zero-figure to retain in the competition out there; you suggested Zarine Khan the debutant actor to put on weight? Why?
Salman : It was necessary as yesteryear"s princesses had voluptuous bodies considering the royal families they belonged to (khate pete khadaan se hote the bhai) chuckles. So, Zarine"s character demanded her to put on some kilos.

How was it working with Mithun Chakraborty and Jackie Shroff with whom you are working after a long time? Oh, it was fantastic! We had a blast working together after a long time. Both of them are gem of a people and terrific actors. They are quite senior to me as well. And I must admit that Mithun Da is world"s best chef.

Whats your take on the music of the film?
Salman : Veer is an epic film so we have to adhere to the sounds of that era. And I think music director Sajid-Wajid had done justice to the music. The duo is really talented. The music is very close to my like the film.

Who is your Veer in real life?
Salman : A person who can bear Rakhi Sawant is a Veer in real terms (laughs). Well, on a serious note, my father is a real Veer as he has always faced tough times with courage and I salute him for that.

Talking about your father, you said Veer is a story of father-son relationship. Share some fond memories of you with your father which still bring smile on your face?
Salman : (Smiles), Humm, I remember I was small when I flunked in maths. I was terrified to face my father and disclose the fact to him. Somehow I gathered guts to tell him; to which he politely reacted and told me not to worry and spoil my vacations. Exams are not the real test. Still, 'beta agli baar zara dhyaan se padhna" (be careful next time and study).

You are extremely fond of kids; are plans to marry and become a father in near future?
Salman : I like being with kids and definitely would love to be a father and I"m sure I will make good father but can"t promise if I can make a good husband. When entire Bollywood is eating, breathing and sleeping Blogs, you too have been a part of it since a long time now. How has been your experience so far? It has been fabulous! I love to connect with my fans. Like other Bollywood celebrities, I don"t concentrate on vocabulary and flowery language much as it leads one to deviate from the core topic. I write in a spoken language which you could make be understandable. I personal read all the comments of my blog and also address with the same sincerity. I"m enjoying blogging.

----entertainment.oneindia.in

Back to top Go down
harshu05
Members
Members
harshu05

PostSubject: Re: **Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!**   **Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!** I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:52 am

"I am what I am" - Salman Khan

Reporter and Author: Susan Jose

**Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!** Veer_salman_khan-main

Salman Khan. The name holds power and respect in the Bollywood industry. But, when we got the chance to sit across the actor for an interview, he came across as a cool personality. He wasn't stiff like most celebrities, who when promoting their film entertain only 'related' questions. Salman just wasn't like that. He kept bluntly answering round after round of questions. Within fifteen minutes of interaction, the actor proved what makes him one of the biggest entertainers in this country.

Salman talks about the unsure feeling of the initial days of courting, his impending fatherhood, booze, blogs and of course, Veer, his movie slated to release on January 22, 2010.

Why did you wait so long to execute your concept (of Veer)?
Just felt this is the right time

Don't you feel the shelf life of Bollywood films has decreased?
Yes, you're right. The shelf has decreased what with all the MP3 downloads and other technological things. But on the other hand, the revenues have increased, thanks to multiplexes. What Sholay made in five years can be made today in a month!

When did the idea of Veer come to you?
Long back, when I was actually aiming to be a director.

What's Veer basically about?
Veer apart from many other things, is based on the relationship between a father and a son. I believe a father and son should be the best of friends. I remember when once my paper went very bad I ran away from home too afraid to face my father (Salim Khan). When he came to know of it, he just said what's happened is happened. You can't change it, try not to repeat and now concentrate on making the best of your vacation. Enjoy it to the fullest.

When did this incident happen?
I guess, when I was in the sixth or seventh standard. At that time I had shifted from Scindia to Stanislaus so I had missed a lot of my portion. Therefore I found it difficult to cope

Don't you feel, you are missing this father-son relationship in your life?
I am now. But that'll happen in my life. Don't you want me to be a father?

Yes of, course. And we think you'll make a good father
Good father definitely. Good husband I'm not sure.

You are tagged controversy's favorite child
I'm not. It's you people who make me that. When I do a mistake, you people say- Daalo daalo Salman ko jail mein daalo(Throw salman in jail). And later it's you only who go- Nikaalo nikaalo Salman ko jail se nikaalo (get Salman out of jail). So you see, it's you, who made me controversy's favorite child.

Was it a learning experience in jail?
Yes, in jail you learn you did something wrong.

Are you upset about the speculations made by the media?
It's okay if you are writing about something that's true. But, sometimes, I'm just walking and talking with someone and then the news comes out that something is brewing between the two of us. No, it's pretty unfair because at that time I'm just trying to get to know someone. I'm unsure whether it would click. And even if I fall in love, if it's going to work. And if it works out, then whether it's for a lifetime that only time can tell. But even before friendship can be struck, you people write all this. It makes things awkward between the two of us. Probably then a chance is not given at all to find out if something can work out

Like Veer, any difficulties you had to tolerate in real life?
Yes, the media.

What??
Yupp, I'm tolerating you guys na

Common! What makes you say that?!
It's true. I want to live a normal life whereas you pressurize me to be politically correct.
Those days, we were covered only by film magazines. So we were like- Oh god, are they going to put this now in the next month's issue? Then we had the very nervous twenty days or so of wondering and being troubled. But now, the pressure is worse. It's breaking news on news channels man! Switch on the television in the morning and there I am- Yeh dekhiya Salman ne Sonyali ke muh pe coke giraya(Look, Salman threw coke on Sonyali's face). And then it goes on in slow motion and re-rewinds. You want me to behave like a star. But I am what I am. I don't want this AC car. I want to ride my bicycle in the morning, go to the beach

Since you're playing a warrior, what physical training did you undertake for Veer?
I had stopped weightlifting. I just concentrated on push-ups and crunches. I also exercised my legs a lot.

We heard you had stopped consuming alcohol during the whole time you were shooting for Veer
No no! I drank lots of alcohol.

Like Veer, say you had to choose between responsibility and love, then what would you choose?
Depends on how much I love. And how much the responsibility is that I have to shoulder. But I think responsibility will eventually take over.

You've adopted the technique of blogging to connect to your fans
Yes, I'm enjoying this blogging thing a lot!

Most celebs have teams take care of such things. So is it truly you writing Salman?
(Laughs)Yes. It's me. All that is in the blog comes straight from my heart. Whatever I feel here (pokes at his left chest) is straight out there (on the blog page). If you read my blog, then you'll find the lingo very simple. No Dilip Kumarji would read my blog. No Nobel Prize winner would read my blog. My fans are the one's who'd read it, isn't it? I want to talk to my fans. I don't want to show them off my English language skills. So I have not used many flowery words in it (smiles). I know there are some people who sit with dictionaries open on their laps and find big big words to use in their blog. But according to me, if you concentrate too much on the language, you tend to deviate from the true topic.

How was it working with newcomer Zarine Khan?
It was a lovely experience, working with both Zarine Khan and Liza Lasarus. (Looks at a male journalist) Don't you wanna be in my shoes?

Was Zarine asked to put weight just for the film?
Yes, it was to suit the character in the film. Those days, women had quite a round figure. They were not plump but they were healthy. You know hatti-katti (strong).

Which are your favorite period films?
I like many hmm let me think I guess you can take down Lawrence of Arabia and Spartacus.

What makes a person a true fighter?
The capacity and capability of not fighting. Look at the situation and back off.

So you mean, one should give up?
No don't give up. Give yourself in (to the battle).

---indiaforums
Back to top Go down
harshu05
Members
Members
harshu05

PostSubject: Re: **Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!**   **Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!** I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 8:14 am

In Conversation with Salman Khan

Sunday, 20 June 2010--Ravi Mathews

Hey guys here it is, something you don’t usually find anywhere, an Interview with Bollywood superstar Salman Khan. Today Salman proved the media wrong who says that he is always bad tempered and never gives the attention to the media.

Well we, at FilmiTadka, contacted Salman’s office quite some time ago, and today he overwhelmed us with a visit, Salman as usual was in his famous / infamous routine where he does whatever he wants to, in the morning Salman’s secretary intimated us that for this interview we will be having only 20 minutes. Here is the interview, enjoy it guys, mind you Salman’s reading as well:

Question: I know that you have spoken about this whole Shah Rukh Khan episode I tell what happens it’s one of those thinks that you dismissed as media gossip and it started going public that kind of made it snow ball.
Salman Khan: You know what happens usually people ask this question usually the fear is this he shouldn’t stop the interview here itself. I like this. I have spoken about this we are grown up people we are not warriors we come here to work but you grow up you are thinking he is good with his friends and family I am good with my friends and family there nothing more to it just there was a fight personal khatm ho gayi baat.
Question: What upset you so much that you want to talk about it?
Salman: Because itna sources se aa raha tha ke iss source se ye aa raha hai uss source se wo aa raha hai (there was lot coming from some unconfirmed sources) the whole thing was coming on to me that he’s done it again. Suddenly I was looking like I was misfit in society as it is I don’t have like the most amazing reputation its varies from anger to bad boy to good hearted so it’s a huge confusion. So this is something I wanted to clear and there is no point in pretending I don’t feel the need to pretend his got his point of view he is right and whatever he feels so and I am right in my own way
Question: The reports were coming that you started it.
Salman: Why would I start there was no reason for me to start.
Question: Some party
Salman: There was a problem some two years ago two-three years back quiet some time ago grown up people sort it out but now it’s two different personalities.
Question: You are talking about the trouble on the sets.
SALMAN: YES THAT TIME SO THERE'S NO NEED FOR SOME ONE WHO USE TO CALL YOU SIR SIR
Question: He used to call you that.
Salman: Yes, when he used to struggle so there is no point in disrespect
Question: Salman I know you don’t you said it is personal but you want to clear the air that what happen?
Salman: Nothing it’s done.
Question: It was about the shows that you are doing.

Salman: Na na I don’t think it’s that’s going to make any difference I don’t think he would stop that low. I don’t think that would make a difference to him.
Question: But you are not friends anymore.
Salman: yeah yeah
Question: Finished
Salman: Yeah
Question: Were you ever friends?
Salman: Yeah yeah I took him as a brother. For me he was like Sohail and Arbaaz. That’s what hurt me.
Question: You used to stay together I’ve heard, in days of his struggle.
Salman: Yeah he used to hang out in the house all the time. That’s why.
Question: Are you very sensitive with these kind of stuff. Do you take things very personally?
Salman: Depends. I let a lot of things go for the longest time and at times something somewhere just hurts me and I back off. I don’t like to pretend. And once it’s over then I will not do anything about it. I will not wish ill. I just back off. You have no right to try to malign that person, trying to play with that person. Khatam khatam.aap apne raste. woh apne raste. Like my father’s partnership broke up with Javed sahib not once has he, you know, they meet cordially, they meet politely.
Question: But it’s never the same but if someone was to come and say they were sorry and that they feel sad that they have upset you, would you be willing to change your mind?
Salman: You know cracks in a wall can be fixed; cracks in relationships can’t be fixed. I will be fine. Ok, cool, theek hain forgiveness is divine.
Question: But what if someone says like Vivek Oberoi came and said sorry to you but you didn’t care about it.
Salman: You know doing this in press, in front of everybody that kind of stuff if you want to act, act on screen. Disrespect… I can’t act. By mistake I have messed up so many times but it’s not a planned thing. Agar kuch ho gaya (If something happens) and then you realise in the morning and you are like I am sorry then it works then it’s ok but if you plan something and do it then it’s like.
Question: So, Salman you said that there are so many variations of what people think you are the bad boy, the good boy. There’s a reputation of people seeing you in controversies. They see you going in and out of court for black bug and various charges. Did that bother you did that upset you.
Salman: You have done it you have to face the allegations. You have not done it then you in your mind you have not done it. Then you can’t do anything about it. People think that I’ve done it but there’s nothing I can change. So jaao bhaiyya jaao, so you know that you’ve done nothing wrong so go away with your head held up high, come out with you head held up high.
Question: You were saying that the whole thing was just you were wrongly framed in that Black Buck shooting case.
Salman: It was a misunderstanding, a total misunderstanding. We tried to clear it then it didn’t happen, it didn’t work out so in court you can’t give an emotional speech, yeh yeh aisa …so they go very technical.
Question: What do you think happened…do you think there was an attempt just because you were a famous person, you were a celebrity, and there was an attempt to nail you?
Salman: See, whatever bad, whatever bad, lot of good comes out as well see today the Black Buck is no more an endangered species you know shikaar, shikaar was hardly one per cent but people used to hunt and kill animals but the actual problem is the deforestation, there’s no water, there’s no fruit bearing trees, there’s nothing, there’s no jungles left. And even according to the global warming there has to be 35 per cent jungles in every country, where’s the jungle, there’s no jungle. There are more trees in the cities than in the forests, where are the animals going to go, that’s how they’re going to die. But shikaar because of that aap Salman khan ko andar daal sakte ho toh kisi ko bhi andar daal sakte ho (if you can put Salman in jail then anybody). So everyone it became such a high profile thing, which is good.
Question: It’s extraordinary to see Salman Khan talk in the defence of the Black Buck because the public reputation is different because of what happened.
Salman: Yeah well, that’s what they think.
Question: How was it doing jail time, was it tough on you?
Salman: I was mentally somewhere else; I was mentally seen in my home chilling out. I was sketching, I was working out, and I was eating whatever they gave me to eat.
Question: Were people friendly, were the other convicts friendly?
Salman: Yeah, I was not allowed to meet anybody so…there was one person with me that’s all.
Question: And Salman as far as you films are concerned, you’ve been having a pretty good run but I was just going back into your filmography and you’ve had some ups and downs in the past. Did you ever feel that you had any regrets about the bad patch?
Salman: See there was one bad patch that was yeah that was in my whole career I must have done 70 plus films out of them five or six have not done well, so if that is the bad patch then…what is the good patch.
Question: Do you feel that the majority of your films I’m talking about films like Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge, Chal Mere Bhai, Kahin Pyaar Ho Na Jaye.
Salman: They were all commission earners, they were not super-duper hits, yeah they were all hits, yeah they were all B+ films, Nishchay, Suryavamshi, Jagruti all these films were Chandramukhi, Chand ka Tukda yeah this was the phase. This was the phase that was the bad one and that was the phase when I wanted to buy myself a house.
Question: So you were just signing on whatever you ever getting
Salman: No but the thing is that all these people…you start of making a film and you think its good script but then somewhere it goes wrong and when a senior director is directing you can’t say anything, so when you work.. yeh script change kiya, woh change kiya, it becomes a different film altogether, phir kya karein, you can’t say sir I can’t do this film, you promised me this…that’s not in me. Then shot do wapas aa jao.
Question: But Salman do you think that it has dented the perception as an actor. People because of those films are not taking you seriously.
Salman: Because I don’t scream I’m the best, I’m best, I’m the best. I don’t need to say that the Box office says that. Even without big producer and directors they do fairly well.
Question: I know you are a huge commercial star but there is a always thing that haunts you about you’re acting ability, people say whenever it comes to great actors they name others but you don’t bother.
Salman: I don’t bother but I think Govinda is by far the best actor from anybody put anybody in front of him.
Question: Not Aamir Khan.
Salman: Anybody… anybody… he’s so brilliant that nobody can stand in front of him.
Question: Really.
Salman: - He’s outstanding.
Question: But you like that kind of acting spontaneous… charismatic

**Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!** Salman-Khan-300

Salman: There’s so much of problem that’s going on in our country that they are stressed out. If you can go and have a blast and come back and by the way… comedy is the most difficult thing to do.
Question: What about someone like Aamir who prepares for his role?
Salman: He’s very hard working that’s where his sincerity, he really works and that’s why he looks different in his film.
Question: But you…
Salman: I don’t do that; it’s different way of working.
Question: But you respect what he does.
Salman: Yes Yes.
Question: But you don’t think it’s required that it’s not necessary for an actor.
Salman: Aamir feels that way that means he might have thought something naa. If I’ll do that it’ll look like a practice. Aamir does it so much that it looks effortless if I’ll do it I will not be able to do it to that hard work then they’ll say arrey yaar ispe bahut effort dala hai once that effort is seen you are not good.
Question: So you don’t believe in broadcasting from the roof top that you are No 1
Salman: When four people say that he has done good work then everybody recognises it. Oh everyone says kya kaam kia, superb, agar ye humko diya hota toh, toh hum bhi kar saktein hai but we don’t wanna do that. Kya ookahd kya liya what have we achieved.
Question: For you who is no 1.
Salman: Aamir, there’s Akshay whose films are doing really well.
Question: Shah Rukh
Salman: Currently those who do 4-4 pictures… Akshay.
Question: He is much bigger.
Salman: Much bigger.
Question: Salman are you a very spiritual person
Salman: Ya very spiritual
Question: There’s difference between religion and spirituality.
Salman: Ya I know…
Question: So, you are spiritual but not religious
Salman: Of course I’m religious… ya ya…
Question: That’s a side that people don’t know about.
Salman: Ya ya They know. I don’t pray when I’m sad. I don’t pray when I’m really upset.
Question: Whom do you pray to?
Salman: Almighty. Anybody, Allah. My mother is a Hindu. So I go to a Hanuman mandir, so she takes me to a Ganesh Mandir I go there.
Question: So it’s not like one God.
Salman: No..
Question: Before we end Salman, the other big rumour that always floats around is you and Katrina. There are always rumours about you and Katrina splitting up and you guys are being together for how long five years right.
Salman: Five years if that ever happens you’ll see it. God forbidden if it happens, I’ll not talk about it, we broke up it happened earlier also. Abhi toh kuch aisa hai nahi ki tootega.
Question: I have read somewhere that this might be something permanent.
Salman: People have got me married 150 times.
Question: Honestly I have read somewhere
Question: Ya next year may be next to next may be this year they ask me when are you getting married? So I tell them cut the conversation short. Next year. All the very best. Thank You
Salman: Thank you.
Well the Interview with Salman Khan went really fine, unlike the rest of the media, I wouldn't call Salman a bad hearted person or hot tempered etc, etc, but yes I would say that he has a lot of attitude and which is like well deserved, after all he is a such a big star. I hope you enjoyed it, do write in the comments.

---Filmytadka
Back to top Go down
harshu05
Members
Members
harshu05

PostSubject: Re: **Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!**   **Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!** I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 8:37 am

I wanted to direct films: Salman Khan

**Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!** Salman

Hindustan Times  Mumbai, August 23, 2010

A whole lot of people are inspired by your moustache look in Dabangg. What’s the reason behind it?
Salman : No particular reason. The men in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar are very dabangg or fearless. Mardanagi ki nishani hoti hai wahan par (it’s a sign of being macho). They have features that carry off the moustache pretty well. They look tougher and braver. Whereas here, everyone wants to be chikna (clean-shaven and fair).

In Tere Naam, when you had long hair, pretty much everyone in certain pockets of India also started wearing long hair?
Salman : I used to go to Indore for a few months every year until I was 16. That style came from the way I’ve seen my cousins behave. Even this Chilbul Pandey character from Dabangg, has come from people I’ve noticed at shoots. It’s not me, it’s actually the common man who behaves that way. You might say ‘Kaise ho?’ (How are you), and he would reply ‘Tumko kya pharak padta hai?’ (How does it matter to you?) They have a very twisted way of saying things. Even in Tere Naam, the character was based on the kind of a guy you’d react to by saying Hero banta hai? Iske baal katto (You’re trying to be a hero? Let’s cut his hair!) In small town India, herogiri meant having long hair. Even my father was disappointed when I cut my hair after Maine Pyar Kiya. He said, Hero ki ek nishani hoti hai. Lambe baal hote hai uske (You can recognise heroes by their long hair.)

Salman Khan Why do people see you in a film and want to copy your style?
Salman : They see themselves in me. People used to wonder where Dilip Saab (Dilip Kumar) stays, what he eats, how he talks. There was a curiosity about the stars then. Today, there is no curiosity. I’m here right now, I’m on every TV channel. But I’m just a common man and I would never want to be remembered as a star. Everyone has pretty much done everything there is to do, or perhaps more. I am no different. So when I get screwed for that, they turn around and say, Arre isme kya hai! Humne bhi kiya hai yeh (What’s the big deal? I’ve done that too!)

We’re talking about your influence as a style icon…
Salman : But that’s what it is basically. The off-screen image helps the on-screen image develop.
In the mid-thirties, Clark Gable appeared on-screen with his shirt off for the first in It Happened Salman : One Night and the undershirt business in America went down. Since you took your shirt off, do you think you’ve lowered the baniyan business in India? That was accidental. That’s how I’d look at home – bare-chested. If you are alone, you’re gonna be a lot more than that, but you can’t show it on-screen! Especially women (smirks). During Maine Pyar Kiya, I was working out and you can’t work out with a shirt on.

Was there a point when you became a fitness freak?
Salman : Most guys would not take their shirt off because they’re shy. Pet dikh raha, sides dikh rahein hai, handles hain (stomach, sides and love handles are exposed) I don’t have that problem yet! And because of me, lots of people don’t have that problem either (laughs).

Was it a conscious decision?
Salman : Maine Pyar Kiya was about working out in the house. But it actually became fashionable and everybody started taking their shirts off. Now, some have started showing their butt off, which is too much for me. I’m sure you girls would love to see it, but guys like us don’t want to. It (the bare-chested look) became popular in Oh oh jaane jaana from Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya. I was shooting in Madh Island and in a month’s time, I had put on four and a half kilos of muscle. So the shirt and jacket that I tried on with torn jeans a month before didn’t fit anymore. Now going back to Bandra or Juhu to pick up new clothes would take a whole day. So I told Sohail (Khan) ‘Let’s do it without the shirt.’ Sohail said, ‘Are you mad?’ I said ‘Let’s try it.’ We saw it on the video assist and it looked good, so I said Chalo, kya pharak padta hai? (Let’s do it. How does it matter?) And then every film that I did, they’d say Shirt nikalo, shirt nikalo (take off your shirt). In films where I didn’t do it, they’d say with disappointment Nahin nikala, nahin nikala (He didn’t take it off).

Do distributors or producers expect you to do it in every film?
Salman : It depends on what scene I’m doing and if I’m looking amazingly fit. ‘Apne mood pe depend karta hai’ (it depends on my mood) If you want to be healthy and patao girls, you have to be like that because that is the first attraction. After that, you find out what a jerk he is.

Did you always want to be a movie star?
Salman : No. I wanted to be a director. I had started meeting people for scripts. One of them, Veer, was destroyed by a dear friend of mine recently. Everywhere I went, they’d tell me to become an actor. They probably wondered what this 18-year-old boy would direct. I had written Baaghi and Veer at that time. Eventually I got chadaoed (flattered enough). So I went to my dad and told him I want to be an actor since that’s what everyone had been telling me. My dad said ‘Everybody comes here – Ramesh Sippy, Manmohan Desai, Mahesh Bhatt. Nobody has said “Salman beta, next film you’re on.” You see Sanjay, Chunky and Sunny in films. You can’t become a mohawalle ka dada (ganglord), lawyer or police inspector. At best, you’ll do a romantic picture or two. So I started working out and he said, ‘Ye lo, Dara Singh bannana chahta hai’ (he wants to be Dara Singh). But these are the things that got me going. When you guys lagao (pick on) me, I say ‘I’ll show them. I’ll go to their office one day.’

While growing up, were your icons directors?
Salman : I didn’t have any. Until five days ago when I saw Expendables. I always liked Sylvester Stallone. But at 67, he’s in ten times better shape than me.

Were you not a movie buff growing up?
Salman : Obviously I was. My dad is a film writer. But I never wanted to be an actor. I was very thin, about 48 kilos. I could play sports and learn martial arts, but I didn’t have a screen presence. It took me years to double my weight. Now I’m 78 kilos. But if I go back to the weight I was in Maine Pyar Kiya, people will say ‘Yeh to bimar ho gaya bechara.’ (This poor guy has fallen ill)

Maine Pyar Kiya was in ’89 and you, Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan all debuted together. It’s been over 20 years and the Khan trinity still exists. Very few people have managed to break that. Why?
Salman : There’s no explanation and that breach will never happen. I’ve never thought about it. Sholay didn’t do well until four weeks after the film released, and then it ran for five years. What is the explanation? They say ‘Wait wait, the movie will pick up by Monday.’ But the picture doesn’t pick up, the prints get picked up. Akshay Kumar also debuted at the same time. Ajay Devgn is still there. It’s just that we have the surname Khan. If Akki’s name was Khan and I was Kumar, it wouldn’t have made a difference right?

I once read an interview where you said no one can fault your acting because you don’t act. What does that mean?
Salman :  can get caught for anything, but not acting. I’m on screen just the way I am in real life. I’ve never played any characters. When you’re acting, you’re basically taking a character from somewhere. With me, it’s like Jo line aya hai, jaisa bolne ka hai, waise bolo, khatam karo. Aage bhado. (Read the line and move on) I’m not one of those who comes on the set and says ‘Give me half an hour, I want to get into character.’

Is it unnerving for your director to know that you’ll land up anytime and do anything?
Salman : They are worried about whether I’ll land up at all. Once I’ve arrived, they know I’ll finish the work faster than anybody else.

What about scripts? What is the one thing you definitely look at before signing a film?
Salman : The script; and if I like the narration in the first go. If I say I’ll see it tomorrow, I’m a bit confused about it right now – then it’s not happening. That movie will only happen if a friend is doing it and if I have the dates. If he keeps saying ‘Trust me. Let’s do it. Don’t you want to work with me?’ Then the film will happen. But that stopped some time ago.

Do you regret doing those films?
Salman : I don’t. But the most important reason for doing a film is the script. You feel the script is outstanding and positive and there is heroism where you come out either laughing or wiping away tears. For example, if you’ve ever watched Bruce Lee movies, you see the skinniest of guys wanting to start fights. They get thrashed outside Gaiety. I’ve seen that. But that is the spirit of the hero – you want to be like him. That is the character that people follow.

What do you make of this multiplex and single screen audience split?
Salman : I think multiplex audiences have money and are more conscious of what people will say if they clap and whistle. That’s it. We are trying to change that in Dabangg, get them off their high horses and make them scream and shout. If a film has a good opening, single screen theatres are a lot more expensive than multiplex theatres, because the black tickets average around Rs 500 a ticket. In that much, you can get three tickets in a multiplex. I want the single screen guys to go the multiplexes and teach them how to have a blast. Now the multiplex guys are going to single screens because they’re bored and wondering where the entertainment is.

In Disco Dancer, Amrish Puri says ‘Creative mind ko destroy karne ke liye, usse dimaagi pareshani deni chahiye. (To destroy a creative mind, you need to trouble it) You’ve had a lot of demaagi pareshani in your life – with the car accident and the poaching case. How have you kept yourself away from all that?
Salman : The fact is if you’ve done it, you can’t do anything about it. If you haven’t done it, you still can’t do anything about it! Kharab chal raha hai. Jitni jaldi jhel sakte ho, jhelo (Luck is bad. Deal with it, the faster the better). I was advised to run away. Cops in Umedh Bhawan said, Hum sab idhar udhar dekhe rahein hain. Aap bhag jao. (We’re looking away, you run) I said Pagal hai. Salman Khan kahan bhagoonga? (Are you mad? Where will Salman Khan run away to?) Every villager in every village recognises me. If I go out of here, I will walk out with my head held up high.

Do these things bother you?
Salman : You mean like flashes come back to me? (Laughs) No, what bothers me is that half the people in jail are the ones whose term is over. Many can’t see or walk. In the monsoon, people get into small fights, just to go to jail. And our jails are in tip-top condition. If your toilet flush isn’t working, you should go to the jail toilets. Agar mahine ke andar kabz na ho jayein, to mera naam change kar dena (if you don’t get diarrhea in a month, change my name).

There was a time when movies were almost paid for from the underworld. Were you ever paid at any of those times?
Salman : There was no money earlier, leave aside black or white. Most of us used to sign a movie for Rs 5 lakhs and this one man used to come home and say, ‘Sethji, that man doens’t have money. Give him a discount. And it happened to me for the longest time! My price would go up to Rs 25 lakhs, and he’s make me forgo Rs 10 lakhs. If it were Rs 30 lakhs, he’d discount Rs 15 lakhs. One day when he came, I asked my dad who he was. He said, pata nahin beta! (I don’t know son).So this one time, I asked him, Aap price badhane aye ho? (You’re raising my share?) Have you ever pleaded my case or told me that you’ll increase my price. Every producer is making money, why are you doing this to me? Next time you come to this house, I’ll take it for granted that you’ve increased my price by Rs 25 lakhs. After that day, he didn’t come back again. You know who that guy was? It was Hari Sugandh. After that, I made Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam with him and it was all good. I earned all my money for that movie.

But did you fear the mafia at that point?
Salman : No. They kept me out of this. They never bothered me because I did say no. They thought I was kind of erratic.

That’s what people think about you generally right?
Salman : No, not erratic. If you ask nicely, I’ll listen to you. But if I feel there is any kind of threat or pressure, then there is no chance. It was a big threat and people have been shot in the film industry. Lots of people were targeted, especially producers, like Mr Rakesh Roshan. Not that one didn’t get calls, but there is a way of handling these things. You talk to me with respect, I’ll talk back with respect. You threaten me, I’ll threaten you back.

Talking about your erratic nature….
Salman : There is nothing erratic about my nature. I would react the same way as you. It’s just that people in limelight would not react that way. They would go back home and plan their reaction. That’s more dangerous. I forgive and forget very easily.

What are the craziest fan moments that you’ve ever had?
Salman : Lots of things! I have this scar on my arm and I see guys who come with scars on their arms. It’s ridiculous. It was an accident. These kids do it on purpose. I’m thinking of getting plastic surgery to remove this myself. I also get a lot of people writing to me with their blood. I have stopped replying to those. Then there is the whole Sallu bhai fan club. My name is not Sallu bhai, it’s Salman. I think Jackie (Shroff) was the only one who called me Sallu.

Do you think about this kind of stardom, of people losing themselves in it?
Salman : I never think about this, because your ears get used to it. And when you don’t see that anymore, you start imagining it. Sometimes, they’re screaming for somebody behind you. Then frustration builds up and you become a disgusting human being.

You have a younger sister. Do you think she finds it difficult to date, with you, as a brother?
Salman : Are you mad? She (Arpita Khan) is not scared of anybody. The boyfriend is also not scared. That used to happen with Baby (Alvira). When we were teens, we’d say Maar dalenge, cheer dalenge (we’ll kill and shred them). Then by 20-21, we started wondering what was wrong. Koi toh shaadi karo (Someone marry her). Baby’s boyfriend was Atul (Agnihotri) and she got married to him. Poor guy!

Did you grow up in Bandra?
Salman : Yes. Bandra was full of cottages. There was a green patch right opposite Shah Rukh’s house, where we used to sit as kids. Now we can’t do that any more. Our childhood was spent between Sea Rock Club and that place- cycling, robbing mangoes and even boating on the floods. St Paul’s Road used to get flooded and the fishermen would get their boats out. Now if we boat, they’ll say ‘Kitna heartless aadmi hai’ (what a heartless man)

A lot of people don’t know that Maine Pyar Kiya was not your first film and that it was Biwi Ho Toh Aisi Ho?
Salman : A lot of people know that in fact and I prayed for that film not to do well. But it did 100 days, so just imagine how God doesn’t listen to me.

Why did you make that choice to act with Rekha and Farooq Sheikh?
Salman : Arre, I had no choice. It was the first film I got. And I thought it was the best film ever. There was Rekhaji, Farooq Sheikh, Kader Khan. That combination of Kader Khan – Shakti Kapoor was working well in movies at that point of time. And I was playing the young romantic lead with Renu Arya. I met her on a flight recently and I didn’t recognise her. Same thing with Bhagyashree when I met her in Filmistan Sudio. I haven’t met them in 22 years. Ajay Devgn and I were sitting down and this girl walks up to me in heels and says, ‘Hi Salman.’ I say ‘Hey.’ She asks, ‘What’s up?’ and I reply ‘All good. You ok?’ Then she says, ‘A******, you don’t recognise me? I said, ‘Bhagyashree! I’m so sorry! Don’t blame me, apna chehra bhool jaoonga main kabhi! (I’ll forget my own face one day).

How many times have you seen Andaz Apna Apna?
Salman : I only saw it when I was dubbing for it and then a little bit on TV, about five or six years ago. It was really funny because Katrina (Kaif) was watching a film and she called me, saying ‘Come here and see this guy. There’s this new kid who wants to be you. Just look at him. Poor thing he’ll never make it.’ She was watching Maine Pyar Kiya.

---hindustantimes.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!**   **Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!** I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

**Salman Khan Interviews of 2010!!**
Page 1 of 1