SalmanKhanHolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SalmanKhanHolics

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
★ Salman Khan the KING Of Hearts, IDOL of Masses, SAVIOR of Needy, RULER of Indian Cinema, EMPEROR of BO and the Super Best Human ★ ☆ الله ☪️ ✡️ ॐ ☨ God Bless Himღ
✌️ Salman Khan's upcoming projects are Jai Ho, Kick, Sooraj Barjatya's untitiled and No Entry Mein Entry... ✌️
♡☆ Salman Khan The Founder of *Being Human* Charity ☆♡ In Life Go Straight And Turn Right -Salman Khan! ღGod☆Peace☆Love☆Salman Khanღ

**The day I stop walking, that is the day I stop living.--Salman Khan(2004)!!**

Go down 
AuthorMessage
harshu05
Members
Members
harshu05

**The day I stop walking, that is the day I stop living.--Salman Khan(2004)!!** Empty
PostSubject: **The day I stop walking, that is the day I stop living.--Salman Khan(2004)!!**   **The day I stop walking, that is the day I stop living.--Salman Khan(2004)!!** I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:41 am

The day I stop walking, that is the day I stop living.--Salman Khan

**The day I stop walking, that is the day I stop living.--Salman Khan(2004)!!** 02sld1

Salman Khan played a police office in Patthar Ke Phool in 1991. Thirteen years later he returns to reclaim his khaki uniform for debutant director Puneet Issar's Garv: Pride And Honour co-starring Shilpa Shetty.

The actor talks about the film in detail:What's Garv: Pride and Honour all about?
It's about a very honest cop. He has a family -- a sister, a mother, and a friend who is a Muslim. How two honest guys in that team get stuck and cornered by dishonest cops, dishonest politicians, and the junta who don't have the will to stand up to anyone is what Garv is basically all about.This guy fights against all odds and against the dishonest people. There are a lot of temptations, a lot of power. He is not misusing them at all. He is funny. He has a good sense of humour. He is ruthless, yet very gentle, loving and caring. He has no mercy, but gets merciful.All these qualities are very contradictory. But I think these are the right qualities a man should have. He should have love as well as hatred.You are born with these qualities. The way you use them, to what extent you take them and on whom you use them is totally up to you. If somebody is coming after my family I won't say, 'Theek hai, aap maar do' [go on, hurt them]. I will make sure that I reach that person before he reaches my family.

**The day I stop walking, that is the day I stop living.--Salman Khan(2004)!!** 02sld5

Does Garv send out a message?
There's no preaching in this film. It's a good film with amazing action. Out of all odds your hero emerges as a good guy.When you come out of the theatre you want to be like him.

Are you playing a cop for the first time in Garv?
No. I played cop in Patthar Ke Phool, which my father [Salim Khan] wrote for me. But that was slightly early [in terms of age] for me. This is the right time when the vardi [uniform] looks damn good on me.Once your walk is right, your costume is right; more than half the battle is won. You look your character and the battle is won.

Tell us about your character Arjun Ranawat in Garv.
He is a guy who is angry, gentle, soft, cool, hard, merciful, ruthless, correct, honest and very lovable. That's Arjun Ranawat.
He is confident of just about everything. But when it comes to love, he is shy. He loves his girl [played by Shilpa Shetty] but cannot tell her. He can shoot a person but when it comes to telling a person that he loves her, he cannot do that. He will sit back and look at her, smile at her, give her attitude and walk out of there.

**The day I stop walking, that is the day I stop living.--Salman Khan(2004)!!** 02sld8

Are you shown fighting the system in Garv?
Pretty much! The film is about a guy who stands against the system and can't let evil take over good. He fights for that [cause].

Is Garv an action film?
Yes. There are films in which there is action just for the sake of it. But in Garv, we have meaningful action.The action is hard-core. We have done a lot of shootout scenes in the movie. There is also a lot of hand-to-hand action. There is one scene that is brutal, but we had to retain it to show what these people had done.There is action backed by emotion, which makes the former ten times more powerful. You don't need any technique or cables. What you need is just one solid shot.

Tell us something about Puneet Issar, the director of Garv.
He is brilliant. There are very few people in this film industry who are competent and know each and every aspect of filmmaking. He used to be an actor. He has learned martial arts too. He is a humorous guy, technically brilliant and very straight. He has amazing script sense. He is a complete director.

What was the experience of working with Shilpa Shetty like?
I have done about six-seven films with Shilpa. We are the best of friends. There are no ego problems, no hassles. It's like friends working together. It's amazing working with her.As an actress, she is damn good, dances very well, on screen she is phenomenon and has a huge fan following.

What are the kind of movies you enjoy watching?
I like comedy and romantic movies.

What about action movies?
In action, I like Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee and Mr Amitabh Bachchan's films.

**The day I stop walking, that is the day I stop living.--Salman Khan(2004)!!** 02sld6

What excites you about a role? Is it the script or something else?
Since my father is a scriptwriter, [a] script is more important for me. Even if my role is not so exciting, if I like the script, I will do it.It's nice working with people who can think of and write a good script.

What inspired you to become an actor?
I really don't know. I never wanted to be an actor. I wanted to be a director. When I used to go to people with my scripts, they would say 'Why do you want to be a director? You should be an actor'. I was not getting any work as a director as I was a small guy, not very serious about his work. And directors at that time were 50-60 years old and looked very mature. No one would trust me with that much money.I had to work so I started modelling. I joined acting classes, riding classes and the works. Eventually, I signed a film.

Are you a fitness freak? I believe you cycle to your shoot. Is that true?
I cycle to my shoot. I cycle just about everywhere.I am not a fitness freak as such. It's just that when you are 70-80 years-old you should be able to walk, cycle and run a little bit. You shouldn't be lying down on the bed with people, children and friends taking care of you. The day I stop walking, that is the day I stop living.

--Rediff
Back to top Go down

**The day I stop walking, that is the day I stop living.--Salman Khan(2004)!!**
Page 1 of 1