SalmanKhanHolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SalmanKhanHolics

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
★ Salman Khan the KING Of Hearts, IDOL of Masses, SAVIOR of Needy, RULER of Indian Cinema, EMPEROR of BO and the Super Best Human ★ ☆ الله ☪️ ✡️ ॐ ☨ God Bless Himღ
✌️ Salman Khan's upcoming projects are Jai Ho, Kick, Sooraj Barjatya's untitiled and No Entry Mein Entry... ✌️
♡☆ Salman Khan The Founder of *Being Human* Charity ☆♡ In Life Go Straight And Turn Right -Salman Khan! ღGod☆Peace☆Love☆Salman Khanღ

★ Gujarat’s Special For Me: Salman Khan !

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JonaSallu
Admin
Admin
JonaSallu

★ Gujarat’s Special For Me: Salman Khan ! Empty
PostSubject: ★ Gujarat’s Special For Me: Salman Khan !   ★ Gujarat’s Special For Me: Salman Khan ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 10:29 pm

Abhimanyu Mishra,TNN | Jan 18, 2014
★ Gujarat’s Special For Me: Salman Khan ! Sallu
Every time Salman Khan walks in, his superstarry presence does the talking way before he even utters his first words. Even on Uttarayan thousands of starstruck fans poured out on the streets of north Ahmedabad to catch a glimpse of the Bollywood heartthrob who was in town to promote his upcoming film Jai Ho. In between flying kites with CM Narendra Modi, his sister Alvira Agnihotri and co-star Daisy Shah, eating chikkis, waving to his fans, and striking picture-perfect poses for the lensmen, Salman admitted to feeling “humbled and happy with the response,” from his fans and looked in his element as he tackled questions from the media with ease and poise, choosing to maintain a no-comments stance on the ones that he didn’t wish to. Excerpts:

You chose to come to Ahmedabad on Uttarayan to promote your film. Was there any specific reason for that?
I have always wanted to be a part of this festival and feel the spirit which is unique to Gujarat. Besides, Gujarat has a special place for me personally as well as professionally. I have always got a good response from the audience in Gujarat and I wanted to make sure that I am there to meet my fans at the right time. Also Jai Ho has a strong Gujarati connect, so I wanted to connect with Gujaratis at a time when they are in a celebratory mood and be a part of those celebrations.

You have cut down on promotions, unlike other stars, who are going all out to promote their films.
I feel too much promotions can kill the curiosity surrounding a film. You visit a number of cities and various TV shows to promote a film and finally end up saying the same things everywhere. It doesn’t make sense to me anymore. I would rather prefer to put the amount of money I spend on promotions for some constructive use.

Your last few films have been southern remakes, do you have a special liking for that kind of cinema?
The southern film industry is a huge market and they make some really good films. But the audience in this part of the world hardly gets to see them. Even if there is a dubbed version of it being shown on television, people don’t watch it. Which is a bit of a pity. I just try to bring that here with my own touch so that those films also get an audience. It is also easy for us to remake such films as we get a ready storyboard and a lot of other ready material. And so that the audience gets to know the original filmmakers and others associated with the film, we give them credit as well. It’s all in good intention.

You met Narendra Modi this time, was there a specific agenda in mind?
I met him because I want to make Jai Ho tax free in Gujarat and I needed to talk it out with him. After all he is the one who can make it possible. That was the only agenda. Whenever I visit a city, I go there for the people and not for any one person. It’s only during such promotional trips that I get out of Mumbai and meet different people and my prospective audience. If it was in my hands main toh ghar se niklun hi nahi. I love the comfort of my home and love being lazy. I came here for Amdavadis and not for any one in particular.
TOI
Back to top Go down

★ Gujarat’s Special For Me: Salman Khan !
Page 1 of 1