SalmanKhanHolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SalmanKhanHolics

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
★ Salman Khan the KING Of Hearts, IDOL of Masses, SAVIOR of Needy, RULER of Indian Cinema, EMPEROR of BO and the Super Best Human ★ ☆ الله ☪️ ✡️ ॐ ☨ God Bless Himღ
✌️ Salman Khan's upcoming projects are Jai Ho, Kick, Sooraj Barjatya's untitiled and No Entry Mein Entry... ✌️
♡☆ Salman Khan The Founder of *Being Human* Charity ☆♡ In Life Go Straight And Turn Right -Salman Khan! ღGod☆Peace☆Love☆Salman Khanღ

★ (Interview) Salman Khan: I Want To Be A Real-Life Hero !

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JonaSallu
Admin
Admin
JonaSallu

★ (Interview) Salman Khan: I Want To Be A Real-Life Hero ! Empty
PostSubject: ★ (Interview) Salman Khan: I Want To Be A Real-Life Hero !   ★ (Interview) Salman Khan: I Want To Be A Real-Life Hero ! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 5:44 am

January 17, 2014
★ (Interview) Salman Khan: I Want To Be A Real-Life Hero ! BN-BD045_ikhan_G_20140116091747

Anupama Chopra is joined on “The Front Row” this week by Salman Khan, Bollywood heartthrob and action hero, who spoke about his legacy, how he copes with failure and the true meaning of heroism.
Edited excerpts:
Anupama Chopra: Salman, my personal theory about you, is that you function as Hindi cinema’s last rock star hero.  You are our fantasy of a life lived large and without regrets. Does that sound right?
Salman Khan: My life is not about what I am right now. It’s about what I am going to be. When I am not there, that’s the most important thing for me. When I am not there in the film industry, when I am not there on this planet, how I am going to be thought of?

Anupama: So you think a lot about your legacy?
Mr. Khan: I just don’t want to be remembered as an actor, a star and then coming down to a character actor and retiring and dying. It has to be something else in between all these things. It has to be a hero in real life.

Anupama: You’ve said that the most important reason to do a film is the script – it should be outstanding and there should be heroism in it. Why is heroism so critical?
Mr. Khan: I have always liked heroes who have fought against all odds. You have been disgraced and from there you get back your respect and your dignity, that is a hero for me. A hero is someone who does something correct, whether it’s for his mother, his family, his country, a friend, his wife, his beloved, his child or for somebody else; that is what a hero is for me and that is what I like playing.

Anupama: Salman, how do you deal with failure though you haven’t seen it for a long time now?
Mr. Khan: I move on. I will try harder for the next one. It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have signed the film. And I should have taken the stand.

Anupama: You said in an interview, ‘That out of all the Khans, I’m the least hardworking and least serious. If I were to start right now, I would not get a job in television.’  But unlike the other two, you have become a superstar without the support of banners like Yash Raj Films and Dharma Productions, or strong scripts. So perhaps you are more hardworking and more serious than them?  You just don’t show it.
Mr. Khan: I guess I am just lucky with the kind of choices that I have made with films, and with the films that have come to me. And I am lucky with the way that fans see me. They see me as a brother, a hero, a nice guy. They see me as somebody who is arrogant and as a stylish person. So they see me in a lot of different manners. There is this very diehard fan following that I have.

Anupama: But is it a burden sometimes, Salman, to live with that kind of love?
Mr. Khan: No, it’s always a pleasure. It should not go to your head. You should also know the fact that all this will go away one day and how will you deal with it then?

Watch “The Front Row with Anupama Chopra” on Friday at 8:30 pm on Star World for the full conversation with Salman Khan, Sohail Khain and Daisy Shah. For more details on the show log on to our website, follow us on Twitter @tfr2014 and on Facebook.
WSJ
Back to top Go down

★ (Interview) Salman Khan: I Want To Be A Real-Life Hero !
Page 1 of 1