SalmanKhanHolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SalmanKhanHolics

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
★ Salman Khan the KING Of Hearts, IDOL of Masses, SAVIOR of Needy, RULER of Indian Cinema, EMPEROR of BO and the Super Best Human ★ ☆ الله ☪️ ✡️ ॐ ☨ God Bless Himღ
✌️ Salman Khan's upcoming projects are Jai Ho, Kick, Sooraj Barjatya's untitiled and No Entry Mein Entry... ✌️
♡☆ Salman Khan The Founder of *Being Human* Charity ☆♡ In Life Go Straight And Turn Right -Salman Khan! ღGod☆Peace☆Love☆Salman Khanღ

★ Who’s the Boss?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JonaSallu
Admin
Admin
JonaSallu

★ Who’s the Boss? Empty
PostSubject: ★ Who’s the Boss?   ★ Who’s the Boss? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:05 am

Dipti Nagpaul D’souza : Sun Sep 15 2013

In its original version, the popularity of Big Brother lay in the contestants they got and the drama that ensued inside the house. While that formula worked for the desi Bigg Boss initially, ever since Salman Khan took over as show host in the fourth season, he has turned it into a bigger attraction.

The official launch of the latest season, called Bigg Boss Saath 7 which goes on air on September 15, looked more like an event to show off Khan’s trademark wit and widespread appeal.

The actor made an entry dancing to Pandey ji seeti from Dabangg 2. There is word that the current season will see some notorious contestants from earlier seasons, including Dolly Bindra, recreate “hell on earth”. Apart from that, television actors Kamya Punjabi, Pratyusha Banerjee (who played Anandi in Balika Vadhu but was unceremoniously booted out by Colors) and Apoorva Agnihotri with wife Shilpa Saklani are likely to go to the Bigg Boss house this season. Actor Gauhar Khan, ex-Roadies contestant Palak Johal and wrestler Sangram Singh are possible contenders.

With Bigg Boss Saath 7 in the offing, Salman Khan talks about why he continues to host it…

This season’s concept revolves around heaven and hell. Elaborate.

It’s just a publicity gimmick by Colors to rope in viewers for the current season.

Bigg Boss Season 6 was promoted as a show for the family audience. How about this season?

We keep saying so in order to get family audience. But sometimes the show goes overboard, which the channel officials love. I don’t like it but as a host, it is not my job to stop it from happening.

What brings you back to hosting it then season after season?

I love shooting once a week. But, there’s always something one can take back from this show because the incidents that happen inside the Bigg Boss house also happen in real life.

Do you think the way we see contestants react is how they are or can someone put up an act too?

There’s no way you can keep up an act for more than a few hours although some of them do fight for attention. But being fake is pointless because then people don’t want to work with them in the future because of the bad vibes they generate.

Do you also recommend names of contestants?

I suggest a few names every season — I have many friends who need work, but they don’t always take my suggestion. For instance, they got Mehek Chahal due to the rumours about us dating. I had recommended Niketan Madhok for an earlier season but he had refused. He came in the sixth season. When I asked him why, he said he wanted a place to stay.

How do you feel when a contestant picks up a fight with you, like Imam Siddiqui did last season?

In such situations, you always stand to lose. If I react, I go home feeling like I shouldn’t have and if I don’t, I regret that too. I’ve known him since college. Had he received his due, he may not have been this way.

Indian Express
Back to top Go down

★ Who’s the Boss?
Page 1 of 1